Environmental, Social and Governance Management System (ESMS)
We visualize environmental, social and governance management systems (ESGMS) as an integrated approach to quality, environment, water, energy, occupational health & safety, and employee welfare. We help establish management systems as per international standards such as IFC PS and build documentation and internal capacity.
Some of our Esteemed Clients
Portfolio companies of IFC:
- Future Consumer Ltd. (Implementation support) – Srinivasa Farms Pvt Ltd. – Dodla Dairy Ltd.
- Mahyco International Pte Ltd.
Portfolio companies of CDC Group Plc:
- Future Consumer Ltd. (implementation support) – Asian Institute of Medical Sciences –
- Pristine Logistics Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
Portfolio companies of GCP:
- Electronica Finance Ltd.
Financing Institutions and Funds
- Arohan Financial Services Limited
- Equitas Small Finance Bank
- Evercare Group
- HDFC Property Ventures Ltd. – Health Quad –
- IIFL, CDC
- IL&FS Ltd.
- India Infoline Finance
- JC Flowers India Opportunity Fund
- Kathari Water
- Kotak Infrastructure Investment Fund supported by KIAL (Kotak Infrastructure Advisory Limited)
- Lok capital
- NABARD – NIIF (policy review)
- Omnivore Capital
- Shubham Housing Development Finance Company Ltd.
- Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- Empanelled by British International Investment (previously CDC Group plc)
- Empanelled by Global Climate Partnership Fund
- Total Amount of Fund being managed by our Clients (Portfolio Companies) – US$600 Million
- Total Amount of Fund being managed by our Clients (Financing Institutions and Funds) – US$ 6.13 Billion
EMC has experience on working with diverse set of Reference Frameworks. Some of the key frameworks (in alphabetical order) are listed below:
- ADB’s Safeguard Policy Statement, 2009
- Applicable local, and national E&S legislation in India
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework
- CDC’s (now British International Investment) Code of Responsible Investment
- DFID E&S toolkit
- European Investment Bank’s Environmental and Social Standards, 2018
- FMO Sustainability Policy
- Good Practice Note: IFC Life and Fire Safety
- ILO Conventions
- International Finance Corporation’s E&S Performance Standards, 2012
- National Infrastructure Investment Fund Limited’s Environment and Social Management Framework
- Reporting Standards and Tools such as:
- Poverty Probability Index (PPI), 2005
- Social Performance Indicators Tool (SPI4), 2001
- Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report (BRSR)
- The Client Protection Certification Standards of the Smart Campaign (May 2016)
- The World Bank Group General and Sector specific Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Guidelines
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, 2015
- World Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework, (WB-ESS) 2018