Environmental & Social Impact Assessment
We firmly believe that Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) should not be limited only to obtain regulatory approvals. At EMC, we use ESIA to add value to the project by identifying alternatives and making the project future ready by ensuring climate resilience and sustainability. In impact assessment, we use advanced geoinformatics and data analytics with state of art modelling tools. Often, we are hired to oversee work carried out by other ESIA consultants to ensure the quality of the outputs.
Some of our Esteemed Clients
- Adani Ports & Logistics
- CLP India Pvt. Ltd.
- IL&FS Transportation Networks Ltd.
- KfW Bankgrueppe
- Nordex India Pvt. Ltd.
- Siemens Gamesa Power Pvt. Ltd.
- Tata Strategic Management Group
- VA Tech Wabag Ltd
- Vijayawada Metro Rail
- Government of Himachal Pradesh (Master EMP)
- Government of Maharashtra and Government of Uttarakhand (Strategic Action Plans)
- Government of Odisha (Regional EMP)
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
- For its ESIA service, EMC has been engaged in several activities including preparation of Detailed Project Reports (DPR), Climate Screening and Management Plans, Stakeholder Engagement Plans, Land Acquisition Impact and Resettlement and Rehabilitation (R&R) action plans, Gender Action Plans, to name a few. EMC also conducts validation of ESIA studies. The services are not limited to infrastructure projects and facilities but also include city-level and state-level action plans. Some of the infrastructure projects and facilities covered include Mass Rapid Transit Systems, Water Treatment Plans (WTPs), Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs), Common Effluent Treatment Plants (CETPs), Common Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage & Disposal Facilities (CHWTSDF), Ports, and Thermal Power Plants.
- EMC has been involved in preparation of State and City level actions plans that helped governments and international donors by guiding their investments and providing technical assistance
- EMC has a long-standing experience in conducting impact study for Renewable sector. Till date we have conducted studies for a total of operational 14,095 MW of renewable energy in India. EMC has expertise of conducting impact study including bird-bat assessments for Hybrid Plants (wind+solar) in India.
- EMC was engaged in conducting Impact study for ‘Kota Integrated Grain Mandi Project’ which serve as a proof-of-concept for a modern and efficient grain mandi model that could be replicated across India.
- Impact study was conducted for one of its kind ‘Mega Food Park (MFP) based on ‘Cluster Bluster’ approach and is approved and supported by Andhra Pradesh Food Processing Society (APFPS), under the Mega Food Park Scheme, Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP).
- Apart from these, EMC has also conducted impact assessments and prepared risk management plans for several industries and manufacturing units across multiple sectors.